Saturday, February 8, 2020

Psychosocial Clubhouse Coffee Shop

I go to a Psychosocial Clubhouse in NYC, which is a bit like a recovery group for severe mental illness. I often go to a coffee shop down the block with a friend.


This week, we had privacy in a room while we were drinking our coffee. 


One of my biggest fantasies/delusions is Hollywood wants to make a movie based on my internet art and life.


So while we were sitting there, a man who looked like Jake Gyllenhaal walked into the room and sat down. My friend said he looked nothing like Jake Gyllenhaal. But in my mind, he became the Hollywood superstar. I thought he was there, undercover, scouting me for a movie.


I also think the Barista who makes the coffee looks like Taylor Swift. Again, my friend says she looks nothing like Taylor Swift. But she transforms into the Pop superstar in my mind.


My imagination makes me believe I'm in a coffee shop full of undercover celebrities. When in reality, I'm there with regular people and my friend.


It is fantasy and daydreams becoming reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment