Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Attention-Grabbing t-shirts at CBT psychiatry appointments

I usually dress appropriately for my CBT psychiatry appointments, but once in a while I'll wear attention-grabbing t-shirts for fun. Such as Giraffe, superhero, Deadpool posing with weapons, The Joker.


Today, I wore Venom. He's foaming at the mouth, looking like a rabid animal.


My doctor is a very serious and professional older man, and usually doesn't comment on my humorous and absurd t-shirts. However, a few months ago, he acknowledged that The Joker shirt was attention-grabbing. I wonder what the psychological analysis says in the doctor's notes. Lol.


I was actually embarrassed and ashamed to be wearing The Joker t-shirt. I mentalized everyone was viewing me critically. So recently, I've been keeping the attention-grabbing t-shirts under my jacket until appointment time.

No comments:

Post a Comment