Friday, March 6, 2020

My mom's extreme fear of the Coronavirus

The media is like the "boy who cried wolf" to me. They sensationalize and overreact to everything. If there's ever a bubonic plague outbreak (something VERY serious) - I won't believe them - thinking they must be exaggerating. So many people are like me. Is the Coronavirus FAKE NEWS?


My mom's bought into the media narrative hook, line and sinker. She's being a hypochondriac to an extreme degree. Telling me to use masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer while in New York City. She's keeping me quarantined in my apartment-like area, she refuses to be around me - like I have the bubonic plague. Bear in mind, there's no reason to be afraid of me. In fact, I'm a bit of a hypochondriac myself, germ conscious, and always washing my hands (I'm jokingly understating my hypochondria).


Now she's telling me to stop going into New York City, or at the very least, she's telling me to stop seeing Dr. Natural (my CBT Psychiatrist) in Brooklyn until the coronavirus calms down.


I fear she's being phony, fake and lying. My mom has done something criminal to me, she realizes Dr. Natural's getting to the bottom of it, and she wants to sabotage the progress we're making. She uses an irrational fear the Coronavirus as an excuse to sabotage.


Or, is this fantasy? Is my mom not a sadistic bully, the bane of my existence, who's trying to sabotage my life? Is she just a hypochondriac?


She does sound completely crazy about the Coronavirus. She's getting vicious, critical, almost telling me to stay home, quarantined. Calling me selfish that I want to go into NYC. She said it's extremely contagious and we can all die from this, especially her and my stepdad since they're older.


I'm told my chains are internal, not maternal - by Dr. Natural. This is literally an example of my mom potentially about to keep me a prisoner, at home. I'm dependent on her for train tickets, I'm afraid she'll stop buying them.


As you can see, my frustrations overtake me like a tsunami, then I get an extreme panic attack that my mom's evil.


Is my mom's fear of the Coronavirus legitimate and I don't realize the severity of it? Or is this irrational craziness from her?

No comments:

Post a Comment