Friday, March 6, 2020

Transformation

In the 2002 film Spider-Man, Norman Osborn says to Peter Parker, "Harry (his son) tells me you’re quite the science whiz. You know, I’m something of a scientist myself." He's completely underplaying his accomplishments. Because in reality, he's a GENIUS scientist.


That's how I am at the Fountain House art gallery while volunteering. I show them my tame artwork and say: "I compose nothing too crazy or extreme. But I'm something of an artist myself." However, on the sly, I'm a mad scientist that's going to accidentally turn himself into The Green Goblin. Only I'm more of a superhero, like The Incredible Hulk.


Then again, maybe I'm not experimenting on myself. Maybe it's more like being passive, having no power and control. Now I'm starting to take charge of my life.


I'll hatch from my cocoon, and become a delicate butterfly, like Taylor Swift.


Actually, more like released from my "prison", then become a supercharged Freddy Mercury (Queen).


Or tear down The Wall that separates me from society, like Roger Waters (of Pink Floyd), then no longer be socially isolated.


Scratch all of that, idolizing superheroes and pop musicians are for simple-minded people.


But there's no denying a creature is developing inside of me, and soon a transformation will happen. Though, I'll use my superpowers for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment