Friday, March 13, 2020

Social Isolation

Basically, the reason I have Schizoaffective disorder is that I was socially isolated, and as a result, began living in fantasy and daydreams (delusions) to deal with the pain.

In middle and high school, I had no friends, never went to parties, prom, no one came to my graduation.

After graduation, I had no social skills, I ran from socialization (all alone).

I made a little progress after my hospitalizations. But from 29 years old to 32, I was socially isolated. Living in an internet fantasy-land. Social isolation is the story of my life.

I’m starting to make some social progress at a Psychosocial Clubhouse in NYC, beginning to make some friends...

But society is on lockdown due to the coronavirus and I'm all alone. For the past few days, it’s me alone in my head, I want to SCREAM! I desperately need socialization, someone local PLEASE be my friend. I can't stand this solitude. Social isolation is as bad as smoking a pack of cigarettes a day they say, and I've been socially isolated for YEARS!

HELP ME!

What should I do?


It’s not easy for me to make friends. My social skills are awful, I get panic attacks, think people view me critically. I also feel such pain I don’t want to befriend people.

No comments:

Post a Comment