Saturday, April 3, 2021

Increase or Change Meds

My psychopharmacologist recommended increasing the Invega (an antipsychotic). I asked if we can hold off.

(What I wrote to him):
Can we wait before we increase Invega and try to get my emotions under control in CBT? I'm already on a mega regimen and the increased dose really zonks me. The adverse effects have gotten significantly better on the lower dose. On 9 mg I don't say much and just stare into space. Friends have observed I'm more talkative on the 6 mg. Plus sexual function has gotten better. Maybe if I realize it's emotion, control my emotion, I can stay on the 6 mg. Because there are so many benefits to being on lower meds.

My psychopharmacologist said:
"We could try something new like Vraylar and try get you off Latuda and Invega.  It sounds either like immense suffering or dramatizing immense suffering or both... I respect your wishes but I can see that the tone is becoming increasingly desperate and the imagery more macabre."

No comments:

Post a Comment