Sunday, June 19, 2022

Vince McMahon, Stephanie McMahon, WWE, Demographic

Post 01:

Vince McMahon is just metaphor for capitalistic billionaires. Yes, he's insane and a narcissistic sociopath, but at least he admits it with his Mr McMahon character. At least wrestling is a sensational circus. The former president of the United States, Donald Trump, was a narcissist sociopath. But so many of his supporters genuinely believed he was a good guy. Unfortunately, CEOs and powerful businessmen are often evil and view their employees and people with less money as objects to be used then discarded. That's just the nature of the United States of America.

Post 02:

This might not sound "politically correct", BUT... quite frankly, WWE's audience is young men. I'd rather Triple H or Shane McMahon be in charge because they probably have more of a finger on the pulse as to what young men want to watch. With that said, I know Stephaine has been around the business her whole life, is very experienced and maybe she's an upgrade because Vince McMahon is in his 70's, he's not in touch with what young men want to see. At least Stephanie is younger and can relate to the younger demographic. I'm not sure if this is going to make the product better or worse. I guess it remains to be seen.

Post 03:

I'm 34-years-old and maybe times have changed, maybe wrestling gets a demographic of more women and families in 2022. The women who are about my age or older, like my mother and ex-girlfriends, the women I interact with have no desire to watch professional wrestling. I'm sure there are some female fans, but the concept of pro wrestling naturally appeals to males more. I see the audience as mostly father's and their sons who want to see the two biggest and baddest people fight.

I know this starts a whole discussion about gender roles in the United States of America. Why can't women fight? But maybe males are more aggressive by nature?

No comments:

Post a Comment