Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Recovery and Psychopharmacology Appointment

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kttuEePwG8yq5GRQ9


Yesterday I saw my Psychopharmacologist.

We're gonna transition off the Invega and Latuda. First off, they don't seem to be working. High doses, low doses - I seem to be doing the same. The Invega is problematic because it's making me pre-diabetic and significantly raises prolactin. So we're going to switch to Vraylar. Unfortunately during the transition period, I'm going to be on three antipsychotics at once. So I'm reluctant to start. But I'm going to do it this time.

He thinks my delusions are related to mania.

The goal is for me to make a full recovery and he said I've come a long way since my hospitalizations, AOT Court Ordered to take medication, and when I first met him (2011 / 2012).

He thinks I'm doing amazing in comparison.

Dr. Natural has helped me tremendously. I'm so lucky to have him.

My friends from the psychosocial clubhouse have led to socialization which has helped me too.

The apartment has been great for me - giving me Independence and growth.

And obviously, I have my parents to thank as well - I often forget to do this and blame them.

Maybe someday I'll look back on this time and say - I've come a long way and made a full recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment