Thursday, February 11, 2021

Some Posts (02 11 2021)

Often people who play over-the-top characters are playing themselves with the volume turned up. It's their personality exaggerated. So if someone is acting grandiose and psychotic claiming it's fiction, analyze them. It gives insight into their mental health and beliefs.


During my college years, my eyes used to be so closed. There were people who were interested in being my friend and I was either oblivious or lacked the social skills to capitalize on it. It's really unfortunate because I didn't have to spend my life deprived of friendship.

It's sad I lost a lot of time deprived of friendship. I started to make progress at a psychosocial clubhouse in New York City. I was starting to meet the first real friends of my life then covid-19 happened, but things are going to get good again.

I saw a 50-year-old man, driving a red convertible, trying to act cool... he looked like he was suffering from a mid-life crisis. It’s ok if you want to be young at heart, but he's fooling no one. It’s not appropriate to act like a college student when you reach a certain age.

It's so gross when old men try and act like children. When you reach a certain age you must GROW UP! If you want to be taken seriously, act like an adult.

When I was a child, my dad used to play classic "dad rock" artists for me. I hated it so much. It was torture to listen to. For some reason, my dad thought all the kids in school liked the music of his generation. Wow, he was wrong! Rock music is not timeless. It's rubbish.

Maybe I was being dramatic and overreacting to the insignificance of rock music. I guess it's nice and fun. It's just annoying how my dad overrates rock stars. They're not heroes. Most of them are losers.

I'm guilty of overrating movie stars, pop stars, and rock stars. As you said, they're just people with a talent. It would be nice to have their riches and fame, but at the end of the day we're all mortal, we're all going to die. Everybody has this fate, nobody is a God.

Some people try to claim my mental illness is genetic. However, I personally believe it's traumatic life experiences that caused it, at least blurring fantasy and reality (delusions). It happened because I had no friends, was socially isolated, I snapped and began daydreaming.

I'm on a mega regimen of psychiatric medication for the symptoms, but I believe the trauma that caused schizoaffective disorder is environmental. Unfortunately, I became ill and must live with the illness. I think environmental factors broke me, not genetic factors.

In capitalism, nobody has time to figure out the root cause of mental illness. It's easier to medicate the symptoms, then move on. But if you dig past the surface, you'll discover there's a lot of pain and suffering. If you heal that, then you might not need so much medication.

It's sad that society over medicates instead of delving into the root cause of the illness. Maybe somebody with restless leg syndrome would be cured if they took a half hour walk. Maybe they wouldn't have ADHD if they weren't living in a chaotic environment. But doctors medicate.

Trauma can damage your mind, then unfortunately it gets to the point where you need medication because CBT psychotherapy isn't enough. I believe you can recover from schizophrenia without medication, but some people might disagree with this. I guess everybody's case is different.

No comments:

Post a Comment