Wednesday, November 24, 2021

I'll Remain On Cabergoline

I'm on an overdose of Cabergoline (2 mg weekly), which my psychopharmacologist wrote a letter of medical necessity for because Invega significantly raises prolactin and Cabergoline was helping with the adverse side effects of the Invega.

The Cabergoline successfully lowered my prolactin, got it in the normal range, and the side effects were better. I tried slightly reducing Cabergoline from 2mg weekly to 1.5mg weekly because I was afraid it was dangerous. I've been on it for about ten years now, and I'm afraid it might kill me.

Since the reduction, the adverse side effects are starting to get bad again. My prolactin is likely getting high. So I'm going to remain at 2mg weekly. Sadly, I need it. Hopefully, sooner rather than later I can come off both the Cabergoline and Invega.

No comments:

Post a Comment