Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Contamination Risk? HIV?

I'm a 34-year-old male, From Long Island, NY. 5'8 - 180 lbs.

I struggle with severe mental health challenges, have OCD, germophobia. I ask questions like this all the time like a broken record, but today's episode was especially bad.

I went through the pharmacy drive-thru to pick up my medication and I accidentally scratched my finger on the door that receives the medication. Seriously. I cut my finger. Everybody touches it. It's unpleasant. Let It go. HIV is very improbable. Just clean it when I get home.

I guess it's possible an HIV-positive person just scratched themselves right before I scratched myself there too, but the chances are very slim. People get cuts from gross places. Try not to worry. Don't obsess. Don't let it ruin my day. Let It go.

Is there any contamination risk here?

No comments:

Post a Comment