Thursday, December 16, 2021

Dr. Natural said

Dr. Natural said:

"Andrew

I beg to differ with you a bit on these panels.  You parents do not view you as a burden (a noun).  As we discussed in our last session,  I would imagine your parents might find it burdensome (an adjective, not a noun) to do things for you that a man your age would ordinarily be expected to do for himself.  I have gotten to know your mother, and there is no doubt she loves you.  It is your job, something you can do, your responsibility, to continue to work on your recovery so that you can tolerate your mother's occasional expressions of frustration without thinking she is Satan.  How could she not find the situation frustrating at times.  You certainly do.    The sentence, "She is Satan in disguise."  had best morph into, "Like any parent would, she gets frustrated with my dependency, but she loves me.   She is doing the best she can.  I am doing the best I can, do deal with the very unfortunate set of cards I was dealt early in life by the bullies.  OK  Let's get to work.  What might be new viable options for me to socialize?   How can I get out and meet people?   The door is open.  No one has locked me in.  My mother isn't standing guard.  She is maybe taking a nap in her side of the house.   The only wall between me and the outside world is my own inner fears of HIV." "

No comments:

Post a Comment