Saturday, August 6, 2022

Can the rabies vaccine give you rabies?

I am 35 years old male. 5'8. 180 lbs. White.

I'm a little nervous. Last Thursday I started the rabies vaccine. The bat came back negative for rabies. So I'm not going to complete the four shots. I'll only half complete the vaccine because it's making me feel sick (two shots).

My only exposure to rabies was through vaccine. But since I won't complete it I won't be fully immune.

I'm afraid the vaccine could infect me with rabies but also don't want to complete it since the bat isn't rabid.

My doc said "There is zero chance you will contract rabies from a vaccine.  The vaccine is not a live organism."

I'll trust my doc that the vaccine can't give me rabies. I'm trying not to worry.  

Is this information correct?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment