Thursday, April 11, 2024

Bird Flew Across My Face, Bat

So I'll describe something to you that happened today that I'm a little worried about because I'm afraid of rabies.

There's a park down the block, I don't know what you'd classify them as, but there's bat "tree houses" or whatever. It attracts a lot of bats.

This morning, as I was leaving my apartment, a bird went flying rapidly past my face. I couldn't catch a glimpse if it was an ordinary bird or a bat. I felt the gust of wind brush across my face. That's how close it came to me. To my knowledge, it didn't scratch me and I didn't get any saliva in my eyes. This took place around 7 am if that matters. Would you be concerned about rabies?

Around July 2022, I got two doses of the rabies vaccine before I got fed up and was like: why am I doing this? I didn't complete the third and fourth dose. We did this because there was a bat in our house that was flying around. The bat came back negative for rabies, by the way.

Obviously, I don't want to get the third and fourth dose of the rabies vaccine, assuming that's still in my system... But I'm obviously concerned and I don't want to die. What do you think I should do - if anything? I'm ASSUMING it was a normal bird, not a bat - but I don't know that for a fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment