Monday, April 15, 2024

I Didn't Give The PROS Program A Fighting Chance

So I went to the PROS program today, and I'm not going to lie, I didn't even give it a fighting chance. I went in there, I took a look in the cafeteria, everybody appeared to be low-functioning. It appeared like the dookie bus in there, to be honest with you. Very similar to many mental health recovery groups I've gone to in the past. Just a lot of low-functioning people.

People say: you say you're so high-functioning for somebody with schizoaffective disorder, but look, these people are getting out, they're socially engaging, they're having jobs. I'm sitting in solitude. While these people might be low-functioning in terms of intellect, intelligence, and the ability to express themselves. I'm low-functioning in my social skills, indepence, and activities of daily living because I just sit in my room posting on social media solitary all day long. Don't get so frustrated and think I'm above the people at the PROS program, think I'm too good for the PROS program, and think I should be a millionaire movie star. Instead, go there, try to mingle, socially engage, and maybe I will meet somebody a lot like me. You never know. But I'm not going to meet anybody by sitting in my room.

I should be saying to myself: what the hell are you doing? You drove to the PROS program, took a look in the cafeteria - thought it was the dookie bus and they're all low-functioning - then left. I should've at least stayed for an hour. You know?

No comments:

Post a Comment