Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Emails, Dr. Garrett, April 2024, therapy meetings

Emails, Dr. Garrett, April 2024, therapy meetings


Dr. Garrett's Email:

Apr 17, 2024, 4:05 PM

Andrew


If your mother is available, I would like to meet with the two of you tomorrow at 11:15.  If she is not available, but could be next Thursday, we can meet then.  I have been away for several weeks and am not up on everything that has happened, but it seems to me from your emails (too many for me to read them all) suggest a circling back, again and again, to the same themes - people are not who they appear to be, but are deceivers, persecutors.  


Dr G



My Email:

Apr 17, 2024, 5:10 PM

I have a feeling my mother is going to be pushing for me to take the 10 mg of Abilify. I'm on 5 mg at the moment and have been for weeks.


Let's avoid a psychiatric hospitalization at all costs, for obvious reasons. Though, I don't think it's necessary at this time


My Email:

Apr 17, 2024, 6:50 PM

I just took the 10 mg of Abilify in front of my mom tonight - and I will take the medication in front of my parents until they can trust me to be compliant.


Everyone, literally everyone, is saying I need to take the medication as prescribed.


I hate how fatigued it makes me, hate how it makes me eat like a hog, makes me fat, affects sexual function, and so on... But I NEED IT.


I know you suggested injectable because that's the only way you can trust me to be compliant. But I hate hypodermic needles. I'd prefer to stay on the pill.


I'll just be honest and transparent about everything. I hate to lie anyway.


So I'll be taking the Abilify oral in front of my parents for the foreseeable future until they can trust me to do it on my own. I need to accept that I NEED THE MEDS.

No comments:

Post a Comment