Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Emails, Dr. Garrett, June 2023, conspiracy theories

Dr. Garrett's Email:

Tuesday, Jun 27, 2023, 6:50 PM

Andrew


Regarding resuming psychotherapy, I don't think it is in your long-term interest for me to simply provide a forum week after week for you to articulate your conspiracy theories.   They are like a broken record playing the same themes over and over again.  Nothing changes.  


Here is a place for us to start talking again on Thursday.  In your posts you frequently plead "Tell me the truth.  I know you are gaslighting me.  Be honest with me."  But then no one says yes, you are right, I have been gaslighting you.  Kelly doesn't tell you she was a nefarious conspirator.  


Why don't people admit they are gaslighting you when it seem so obvious to you that they are?  The most obvious answer is that they don't admit to gaslighting you because they are not gaslighting you.   You seem unable to consider the possibility that the reason people don't "admit" it is that in fact you are mistaken and there is nothing to admit.  At times you include me and Dr Coplan in the putative gaslighting crowd.   As I have told you before if you really think I am deceiving you, you should terminate our conversation.  


A second thing for us to focus on is your seeming lack of distress over the fact that your sense of reality swings wildly from one extreme to the other sometimes within hours.  It should make you anxious that your mind works in this way, but it doesn't seem to.  


Dr G

No comments:

Post a Comment