Friday, June 9, 2023

Emails, Dr. Garrett, May 2017, Solitary Confinement

Solitary Confinement


My Email:

Thu, May 25, 2017, 5:18 PM


I feel like I’ve been in solitary confinement for years.




Social isolation, getting yelled at by my Mom and Step Dad... it’s torture!!!!!!




You might say: leave your house, go out into the world…. I’m of scared leaving this prison. It’s all I know.




I’m attached to my Mother.




They want me to go out into the world like nothing happened. I’ve experienced so much trauma that I can’t just be “normal”.




Plus I want to tell the whole world what happened to me. It feels like no one is listening.




I need help breaking free!!!!!!



Dr. Garrett's Reply:

Thu, May 25, 2017, 7:47 PM



I know you are anxious about Fountain House, but I think it is important to try this.  What is the contact person at Fountain House?  We will do it slowly, one step at a time, so you can get used to moving around in the world a bit more.



My Email:

Thu, May 25, 2017, 8:16 PM


Hello Dr Garrett,




I talked with my Mom about my earlier e-mail. I'm not having delusions at the moment.




We also talked about the Fountain House and getting independent. IE: possibly my own place with close support system.




For now, I’ll contact the Fountain House.




Dr. Ralph Aguino was who Dr. Coplan suggested to contact.




And Fax number: 212 664 0750




I will call them with my insurance info.




This is a baby step in the right direction.



And Fax



Dr. Garrett's Reply:

Thu, May 25, 2017, 8:22 PM


Yes, it is a step in the right direction.


No comments:

Post a Comment