Thursday, June 15, 2023

Emails, Dr. Garrett, May 2017, Ed

My Email:


Fri, May 5, 2017, 9:30 AM


These pictures triggered delusions, it made me think perhaps they're the "ice cream men" (pedophiles).




Long story short, I started accusing Ed ******* of childhood rape and sexual abuse in 2011.




And I link his family and friends with him as well.




(And I thought my Dad was responsible)




I BELIEVED it too!




We all know the story, I was hospitalized. They tell me it's all a "delusion".




(One of his friends) is a violent criminal (NOT my friend), but I check his Facebook from time to time.




This morning, I noticed these ice cream truck pictures.




I have very similar pictures from 2011, where I am the “recipient” of the ice cream.




Bear in mind, I was just thinking about the middle/high school bullying (that absolutely happened)



I realize it's predicate logic, a violent criminal posing by an ice cream truck is not a message directed at me.



My Email:


Fri, May 5, 2017, 2:23 PM


I know I was sexually abused and raped as a child, I know these people are involved, and my Father is responsible... but I can’t do anything about it, no one is listening, and I sound “crazy” to people that hear me.




I’m SO afraid of a hospitalization. It takes great courage to send this.




I going to send you pictures of my Father because I feel like he’s taunting me in some of them:


Dr. Coplan's Reply:


Fri, May 5, 2017, 5:30 PM


Back in delusion Andrew time to cool down. Did we go down on Invega? 



My Email:


Fri, May 5, 2017, 5:35 PM


Yes, we reduced invega to 9mg. I know you're going to say go back up to 12... But before you do, I'm actually not believing the sexual abuse at the moment. It passed. Can we try to stay on 9 mg? I feel better in a lot of ways. I just got a little confused today. 




BTW: the severe school bullying is NOT a delusion.



Dr Coplan's Reply:


May 5, 2017, 5:45 PM

K



Dr. Garrett's Reply:

May 8, 2017, 8:41 AM


Andrew


Yes, the ice cream association is predicate logic, and you identified it as such.  Good work!   I think what we are learning in psychotherapy is that sometimes you can catch the predicate logic and know that it doesn't prove that something was specially designed for you or is directed at you, and it doesn't prove some hidden facts, but sometimes you can't hold on to that insight and a delusion takes hold.   I suspect that when you are upset, when you are most feeling emotions associated with your history of being bullied, that emotional state cranks up the predicate logic, and your thinking shifts toward delusions.  Then, when the emotion subsides, and you are thinking about other things, the predicate logic quiets down.  If your emotions and the predicate logic are connected in this way, this would help explain why the delusions come and go.  Just as emotions rise and subside, come and go, you delusions about people sexually abusing you rise and fall.  When you are in a less emotionally injured state of mind, you can reflect more broadly, bringing in other important aspects of your relationships. In your heart of hearts you don't believe you mother sexually abused you, or led a pedophile ring that invited others to abuse you.  Over the years there is too much love in her actions, her touch, her voice, and her face.  Your step-father clearly loves you as well.  Your awareness of having been injured when you were growing up runs so strong and deep in you that when you get in touch with it emotionally, like a tidal wave, it sweeps away ordinary logic and replaces it with predicate logic.


Keep up the good work of examining your thinking processes!  Its hard work, but keep it up.  Good job implementing our work outside of our sessions!    I look forward to seeing you on Wed.


Dr G

No comments:

Post a Comment