Sunday, April 30, 2023

Dr. Garrett E-Mail, January 2020, February 2020, Edited Screenplay

Edited Screenplay


My Email:

Sun, Jan 26, 2020, 9:14 PM


My friend thinks it should be about me, not others at the Fountain House. 



I know Dr Natural disagrees for health reasons.



I actually agree with my friend, though. It'd be much more interesting that way. 



What do you think?



My Email:

Sun, Jan 26, 2020, 9:31 PM


I know this sounds a bit grandiose but she said, why share my glory? I've been working for years and have an interesting story. It's about me and not mental health in general, right?



I think Dr Natural is afraid fantasy and "I'm Superman" thoughts will get out of control.



Dr. Garrett Reply:

Mon, Jan 27, 2020, 6:18 AM


Andrew


Yes, you have correctly understood Dr Natural's concern, though you dismiss it.  Consider the audience who will view the film.  Consider what they will find of interest and value in the film.  Are you believing that the audience will find you as an individual a fascinating object of primary interest without any broader point of reference, and see the mental illness angle as only a secondary issue, or can one imagine that the audience might see you as an interesting EXAMPLE of a person with mental illness, where the film invites people to think about other people they know who have mental illness, or even themselves, where the film has a broader focus than you and you alone as an individual?   The concern I expressed last week that contemplating the film would feed self-centered daydreams seems to already be happening.  Such daydreams will lead you away from adult life, not toward it.


Dr G



My Email:

Mon, Jan 27, 2020, 12:28 PM


In the defense of an "all about Andrew" documentary, I've been developing a story through social media posts for YEARS. Did the other member at the Fountain House work as hard as me? Why should they share my glory? (This is what my friend said, not me)



Also, aren't Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift narcissistic and "all about me" with their art?



You're afraid I'll start to get grandiose delusional fantasies and begin to think "I'm superman". That's certainly not worse than my current situation right now. Lol.



In defense of your idea, working in a team will help me develop relationships, meeting new friends. We'll hear stories about people with similar struggles. It'll be keeping me grounded that it's a project to help people with mental illness - not my Hollywood superstar debut.



Although a narcissistic "all about Andrew" documentary might be fun. :P



(Joke:

After this project: Ultimately, the goal is to create a comedy/drama movie based on my life (if this project is successful). 


A company like Disney, Universal, Paramount, Sony will hire big-name actors to tell my story:

Marisa Tomei will play Mama

Jake Gyllenhaal will play Papi

Daniel Craig will play Dale


If I don't play myself, Tom Holland will play me

/Joke)


Then again, am I joking?

...as you can see the grandiose fantasies start to begin. Lol.



My Email:

Mon, Jan 27, 2020, 12:59 PM


At the end of the day, you can't be coddled and protected your whole life.



I did stand-up comedy at the Fountain House, but my mom is discouraging me from doing it in the real world because of possible rejection. You learn from it. If you're too cautious and careful you never experience life.



The same is true with wanting to be the primary focus of a Hollywood movie. Maybe for now while recovering, maybe not. We can protect me, slowly ease me into it (if it happens)... but at the end of the day, if my goal is to be a Hollywood Superstar everyone will be focused on me, I'll have to remind myself "I'm not superman".


No comments:

Post a Comment