Thursday, April 6, 2023

Dr. Garrett E-Mails, April 2018, May 2018, June 2018 (04 06 2023)

Watched Take These Broken Wings


My Email:

Thu, Apr 26, 2018, 6:47 PM


Dear Dr Garrett,



I watched "Take These Broken Wings: Recovery from Schizophrenia Without Medication" with my family



I really enjoyed it. And the take-aways were great. It's inspiring to see that with hard work you can make a full recovery off medication. 



I actually liked the other lady (not Joanne Greenberg). I related more to the younger woman. :P



Who were those people giving comments? It seems the public is very ignorant when it comes o mental illness.



Actually, I watched the video on YouTube not the DVD. I believe it was the same thing.



Do you have any other video recommendations





I'll try to read the first chapter in I never promised you a rosegarden



And I will go to the Fountain House tomorrow (04 27 2018). I'll take a 1 pm train from Massapequa, and will probably make it to FH around 2:30/



As always, 

thanks Dr Garett. I feel we've made a lot of progress :)



My Email:

Fri, Apr 27, 2018, 7:18 AM


The documentary said: in the future, we'll probably look at current day medications as being barbaric, like a chemical lobotomy. Basically, the video made me want to recover without meds. :P



But I know it's all one step at a time, work with doctors



Dr. Garrett Reply:

Fri, Apr 27, 2018, 11:28 AM


Andrew


Good steps.  Do start the I Never Promised You a Rose Garden book.  It was written about Greenberg's life when she was your age.


Dr G




My Email:

Fri, Apr 27, 2018, 11:39 AM

Hey Dr. Garrett,


I will read the first chapter of "I Never Promised You A Rosegarden" by Tuesday's appointment.



I know I said I was going to the Fountain House today (04 27 2018), but since it's raining and I don't take the subway I'm going to do the fountain house Monday instead. I'll do it three times next week. I'm also not feeling well. I'll make it a productive day. I'll get a haircut. I see a woman friend tomorrow, and I'm seeing a movie with my dad tomorrow too.



My Mom is a little upset with me, she said she will e-mail you her concerns if that's fine. She said she'll CC me.




Thanks Dr Garrett




WOKEN


My Email:

Wed, May 2, 2018, 11:50 AM


I hope I don't sound grandiose and pretentious, but I feel like The Beach Boys song "I Just Wasn't Made For These Times". I feel different from most people, much more advanced, and I can't seem to fit in.


It's like they're all sleeping and I'm WOKEN (to quote Matt Hardy).



Dr. Garrett Reply:

Wed, May 2, 2018, 10:08 PM



Andrew


I keeping with our discussions, I think you are a young man with a long journey and lots of hard work ahead on the way to recovery, who wants to believe he has already almost arrived at his destination of independence. 


Are you reading I Never Promised You a Rose Garden


Dr G 



My Email:

Thu, May 3, 2018, 8:59 AM



I used to be normal... Ok, maybe not. But I could've passed for "normal". But my Inner Rockstar has come alive. I'm no longer sleeping Andrew, I'm a WOKEN artist. I wonder what people from my past think when they see the Andrew Cinematic Universe. They must think it's so cool. Lol.




But seriously, I don't really read. It's kind of hard in this house. But I'll try to read a chapter or two of "I Never Promised You a Rose Garden" by next appointment.



Sad

My Email:

Tue, May 22, 2018, 11:23 AM



I'm envious of people who had fun in high school and their twenties. I had so much lost time, and I'm STILL wasting time. I want someone to acknowledge how sad my suffering is, and to care. But I need to dust myself off, and accept harsh realities. But I WILL achieve success.


My Email:

Tue, May 22, 2018, 11:33 AM


What happened to me is seriously sad, and waking up will be painful. I'll try to remain positive even when it hurts. Maybe waking up will light a fire under me. And I'll become Mr Intensity.




Dr. Garrett Reply:

Tue, May 22, 2018, 6:17 PM


Andrew


I am away on a trip.  Back after Memorial Day.  I hope you know that I am aware of the depth of your suffering.  What is required is a balance between hope for the future and a realistic acknowledgement of the difficult work that remains ahead in your recovery, pushing your self to go out, to engage with the real world, anxious though it makes you.  


Dr G



Mom And Bullies

My Email:

Thu, May 24, 2018, 4:10 PM


At times my Mom's need for me to be safe might be over the top and irrational. But sometimes it's not!



When she was trying to protect me from bullies in middle and high school, she was fighting alone. And I had no one else to help me. But she was right in trying to protect me from that, she just didn't know how.




Kind of like how she doesn't know how to protect me from bullies on the internet.




Dr. Garrett Reply:

Thu, May 24, 2018, 5:30 PM

to me


Andrew


You are intelligent enough and old enough to protect yourself from internet bullies.  In fact, you are the only one who can perform this function.  You can secure your own from internet bullies when the balance between your fear of being duped and your wish to be discovered and find your future on the internet shifts away from internet dreams to hard work in the recovery process in the real world. 


Dr G



Catfished

My Email:

Thu, May 24, 2018, 11:31 AM


I can't believe I was naive and gullible enough to get catfished. 






I was chatting with this "woman" on Tinder, she asked me to move our conversation to KIK and to delete my Tinder, so I did. She seemed to really like me, and I want someone to care about me - so I sent a lot of personal information. Some of it was inappropriate. 






Thankfully, when "she" asked for money, I stopped. But it hurt when I discovered it was all fake.






Honestly, I was secretly hoping it was someone in my past in disguise who was going to surprise me in a magical moment. A "surprise return". Sadly, I just got duped.






I really need to get into the Fountain House.




Dr. Garrett Reply:

Thu, May 24, 2018, 5:17 PM


Andrew


We have discussed just this scenario in our sessions, the wish to discover that you are being sought after by a desireable person from the past..  It is difficult for you to apply things you understand in our sessions to new situations that involve the same issue.


Dr G 




My Email:

Thu, May 24, 2018, 5:37 PM


I keep getting duped by cyberbullies. Thankfully, this time I was only catfished for a day or so. There are times when catfishing can get dragged on for months, even years.




I want so badly for these cyberbullies to be desirable people, that I get lost in the fantasy, and I'm very vulnerable. For example, I was hoping this "woman" was a desirable person even though all the red flags were there that "she" was a scam artist. Ultimately "she" confirmed this by asking for money.




I've been sheltered, and sometimes I forget not everyone has a heart of gold like me. There are a lot of bad people in the world, And I missed out on a lot of life experiences that would have helped me grow.




In the future, I need to protect myself from Internet bullies. I need to WAKE UP!




On a positive note, I have a lot going for me. I just need to start up the Lamborghini, and show the world how awesome I am. :P




Sooner or later, I'll begin! And I believe getting "a life" will fix this fantasy too.



Serious question: homosexuality

My Email:

Mon, Jun 18, 2018, 2:07 PM


Serious question. Do you think I'm a homosexual? Do you think I'm trying to force the heterosexuality thing? The reality is I'm gay, but I don't want to accept it. And I'm not allowed to be gay at home. Or bisexual?




Dr. Garrett Reply:Mon, Jun 18, 2018, 4:39 PM



I don't think you are gay.  Gay men don't fantasize about cute girls on the Fountain House staff.




Dr. Garrett Reply:

Mon, Jun 18, 2018, 7:42 PM


I emailed you earlier today, but it seems to have bounced on the server.  In any case, I need to leave the hospital early tomorrow and will not be able to meet with you for our regular appointment.  I will expect to see you next week at our usual time. 


My Email:

Mon, Jun 18, 2018, 7:57 PM



Ok. See you next week then. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment