Sunday, March 3, 2024

Emails, Dr. Garrett, Dr. Coplan, March 2024, They Did It

Dr. Garrett's Email:

Mar 3, 2024, 4:15 PM

Andrew


The idea that I am a monster has crept back into your emails.  You seem unable to orient yourself to prevent this from happening.  I anticipate seeing you on Thursday at 11:15.  In our session I would like to take up this recurrent idea that I am the source of your sorrows.  I also want to discuss what to do about the number of emails you post to me.  Because our therapy contract prescribes our 45 minute sessions, and because I cannot take the time outside our regular sessions to keep up with your emails, you cannot assume that I have read them.  If your emails are intended to communicate information to me, my not having read them undermines the purpose of your emails, because I am not able to read them all.  Also, as we have discussed in sessions, the emails strike me a circling back to the same ideas over and over again.


Dr G


No comments:

Post a Comment